Solar Panels are one of the most durable energy generation technologies that exist because they have no moving parts.
Your installation will operate at peak performance for decades with minimal upkeep. Solar installations from the 1970s are still generating clean, free energy for their owners.
Quality Solar Modules, Inverters, and Balance of System Components
- All of the parts and labor that CitiGreen uses are warranted by the manufacturers and CitiGreen.
- CitiGreen uses only quality parts for their solar systems
- Expect to spend some time each year maintaining your system.
- You should perform basic maintenance, such as washing of the panels, to keep them performing at their peak.
- CitiGreen solar systems have controls that keep the panels at an even temperature to mitigate wear and tear.
- High winds or frequent violent storms can blow debris onto your roof and injure performance, so solar panels should be cleaned regularly.
What about hail? Is Solar durable enough to withstand extreme weather conditions like falling hail?
- Solar panels are built with laminate, glass, or acrylic casings to protect the crystalline cells underneath. Under test conditions, these panels can withstand high velocity hail pellets shot from pneumatic guns. For Example, glass cased Solar modules can take on hail stones shot at velocities of 260+ mph. Just to put that into perspective:
- The terminal velocity of an 8-centimeter hail stone is 110 mph – more than 50% less than what the highest quality solar panels can tolerate
- Due to the tilted angles of standard roof- and ground-mounted solar PV installations, most impacts are glancing blows.